0

(Week 06) - Journal 52 - The Lost Art of Love Letters

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Aw, what a sweet prompt this week - The Lost Art of Love Letters!

I was giggling all the time when I was conceptualizing my art journal page for this week much more when I was making it happen.  It brings back memories - the time my hubby saw me at internet and he sent a letter to me.  From then on we exchange love letters everyday until the day he came to Philippines and proposed marriage to me.  Although we exchanged love letters thru internet I feel that it was best in our situation coz we were both not getting any younger.  Imagine the waiting and anticipation when the letter will arrive from mail posts!!!!!  I think it would have been a total longingness that one cannot breathe hahahahaha!

Here's the prompt I got at Journal 52
With it being Valentine’s Day this week, I thought I would bring up a lost art: Love letters.

For this week’s prompt, take inspiration from a love letter. Use a love letter quote or try writing your own love letter to a friend or family member, your sweetheart, secret crush, or even to yourself.

Receiving this prompt we hurriedly read and read ALL our letters to each other and it made us both laugh and blush like teenagers!  YES!, I printed out and compiled ALL our letters a week after I migrated here in Sweden.  Hubby wrote touching letters that I had to close my eyes and randomly pick one for me to use in my journal page.  I picked the letter dated June 28, 2002.  Every element in my page has a meaning =)

Materials Used:

Sizzix Tim Holtz Alteration Die :  Vintage Typewriter
Foil Cardstock - silver
Crystal Beads
Wooden Beads which I took from old bracelets
Leather string
Postal Washi Tape
Sweden flag Washi Tape
Fabric hearts
Fabric were I cut and adhere the tree and woman in blue
Felt hearts and bird with branch
Stickles
Handmade envelop using shrinkie plastic


I still love receiving love letters from hubby.  For me, writing a love letter is something very deep instead of sending love text messages - it's one of the setbacks in this new age.  I guess I'm still old-fashioned.

0 comments:

Back to Top