2

Last Minute Handmade Christmas Ornaments (Recycling)

Project Completed : 12 December 2010

Is it full moon? I'm asking coz Joseph is not exactly in a good mood since I got him from school this day. On our way home he has been grumpy and even cried. Oh well, I'm pretty sure he will be normal again tomorrow.

Anyway let's talk about ornaments...... Snow-covered evergreens standing in the woods are merely trees. Once decorated, they become Christmas trees. Over the centuries people have adorned their Christmas trees with many different kinds of objects. The very earliest ornaments tended to recall the religious significance of the holiday. At one point people decorated their Christmas trees with good things to eat and gifts for one another. In more recent times Christmas ornaments have served primarily as pretty decorations for the tree. A Christmas tree without decorations may not be called a Christmas tree that's why even long ago people from all walks of life would decorate their trees of anything as in anything they have or can find or afford to buy.

For our Christmas tree it's Joseph turn to decorate it as I have mentioned in my blog 2 weeks ago. I thought he would hang transformers or bionicles or lego bits hahahahahahahahaha. I was even expecting he would make his own decorations hihihihihihihihihi. I told him he can hang anything he wants and I was caught off-guard when he asked for all decors we have for a Christmas tree.

As I watch him choose and hang I couldn't control myself by asking him why those decors. You know what he told me that touched my heart? here's what he said .... "Mom, I will hang these things because each piece has a story". A very simple answer that touch the very core of me.

You see, every decor he hanged has indeed a story like the clay ornaments I did .... the angels my mom owned .... the mushrooms his farmor (grandma on father side) owns .... the angels given by Maryann .... the big woodies, etc. I can't tell you the story completely coz it will really be a long blog entry hahahahahahahahaahahha. When he said he is finish I thank him and off he went to play in his room.

For few days I felt that something is lacking on our tree even if I filled it with lights. I asked Joseph if he noticed it, too, and he said yes. We stared on our tree for a long time and then

Joseph : " I know what's lacking mommy ... it's your magical touch".

Jerosha : I don't think so coz you already did magic on our tree plus the fact that you decorated the tree this year is already beyond magic.

Joseph : I know that mom but our tree needs you. You have to make it colorful. Every year you do that so do it again this year mamma.

How can I disappoint my son when his eyes were filled with spark and belief that his mamma has magical touch.

So my dear friends and fellow crafters, I now present to you our Christmas tree this year. Please be informed that this kind of handmade ornament is not acid-free so I don't expect that it will last a very long, long time. All I can do is preserved each piece as long as I can then throw someday when it's discolored and unpleasant to see.

Just go over the pictures to get the step-by-step guide on how I made the ornaments. Yup, I recycled once again =)







Once on this stage, fold the top part of crepe paper then crumple a piece of craft tissue paper of contrasting color.




Then hang!

Our lighted Christmas tree for 2010 =)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [22 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

Thanks again Maria =)

Back to Top