0

(Week 08) - Journal 52 : Found Poetry

Honestly, I almost gave up on this week journal :  Found Poetry.  I can't find any English material here at home nor anywhere that I  may find inspiration thus use in my page.  I was nearly to asking what would the punishment be if one does not submit for the week.  You might be wondering why so let me explain to you my reader more of the week prompt.

It says at Journal 52 that:
"For this week’s prompt, we will explore found poetry. Whether you decide to write a haiku or a sonnet or a freestyle poem – all depends on what you can find to make poetry out of!
According to Poets.org, “Found poems take existing texts and refashion them, reorder them, and present them as poems. The literary equivalent of a collage, found poetry is often made from newspaper articles, street signs, graffiti, speeches, letters, or even other poems.”
Using an old book or magazine, create a poem for your art journal using words cut out from the pages or by block out parts of the text with a marker or paint. Don’t worry about rhyming or making sense – just find words you like and put them together on a page!
If cutting up a book or magazine makes you cringe, you can always copy/print a page of text and use that!"

See what i mean?  It might be so easy for you but when you're in Sweden and you are an immigrant and still feels uncomfortable with the language you will really have a hard time for this prompt.  Anyway, as I almost gave up and thought of checking ALL my Cricut Cartridge cases - thinking that I can definitely find poetry in every title of my carts BUT something fell from my bookshelf yesterday morning and Lo and Behold I found few of my roller stamps packaging and at the back are words in ENGLISH, yehey!!!!!  I read and read and stared at it as a whole and viola I was able to make a poetry out of it.  I decided not to cut each words coz I think I will just save the packaging board for reference everytime I will use my roller stamps in my Project Life.  I stamped the words instead.

Here's what I made for my journal page:  I used gelli plate with Adirondack Dye pad for my background then I doodled and used Faber Castell Pitt Pens for coloring... stamping here and there ...adding washi tape and the bunny foams =)


The title of my found poetry is .............. C E L E B R A T E !
Hello Sunshine
today we....
love, love, love
happy memories
Here and There
this and that
I love you lots.

Today
at this moment
documented
real life
happy memories
celebrating
best day ever
all together
let's fly away.


The Materials I used:

Roller Stamps where I found my poetry
Gelli Plate
Ranger Adirondack Dye Pad (instead of paints for my gelli plate)
Posco Pen (black)
Faber Castell Pitt Pens
Stamps
Washi Tape (flag and word celebrate)
Bunny Foams


Hhhmmmm I think I'm ready for the next prompt and I wonder what it would be =)

Happy Sunday!




0 comments:

Back to Top