0

Stylish Blogger Award for Me and I''m THANKFUL =)

What a great morning in this cold and snowy day when one receives an award.  The fact that it's called a "Stylish Blogger Award" makes my brain spin coz it denotes a lot of things.  Receiving this award from a superlicious crafter who happens to be a great friends and sister-like to me, Claire Langan, made me feel special.  She is my great idol when it comes to card-making and even scrapbooking coz her works are super-duper-awesome!


I'm forwarding this special award to fellow crafters who I think deserves it, too =)  If you have time to visit each of their blog you will surely be amazed on their creations.

But first I have to follow the simple instructions before I link the chosen sites ...
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this
2. Share 8 things about yourself
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their awards

To tell and share things about me is kind'a hard but will try it anyway ....

1.  Crafting is not new to me coz I grew up in an artistic / creative parents.  While I was a little girl I was already amazed on color mediums and I always have that in my bag and bedroom.  With that being said, in college, my theses was textile designing and my designs were all colorful to the point that one big textile firm bought my designs.

2.   I started expanding my craft  ..... and crafting seriously when I gave birth to my son last 2003.  When I say serious it means addiction hahahhahahhaha.  Living in a foreign land and not knowing a lot of people I opted to find something that will divert my mind from longingness back home to the Philippines.  That addiction grew really big and from that day forward my day is not complete without crafting.

3.  I'm not really into cardmaking but once in a while I create few.  I'm more comfortable in creating unique things like recycling or something that needs altering and concocting a craft recipe.

4.  My craft room is small and every corner and nook is well occupated by craft materials and tools that I have an extension craft room at the basement.  Anything to do with paper crafting it's in my main craft room ... jewelry making, all kinds of needleworks and sewing, painting, altering are all being done at the basement.

5.  I'm one person when having a new tool like Gypsy, Cricut Expression, etc, is slow to act.  I use it when I have the urge and usually it will take months before I even try it hahahhahahahaha.  As of this writing, my gypsy is nearly a year older but have not been totally abused but as for my Cricut oh well it has been used and used and used only after a year of staring at it hehehehehehehhehehe =)

6.  I don't copy anybody's work coz for me that is a mortal sin in the world of crafting.  One can only be inspired and the execution is up to you.  It disgust me when I hear some crafters who just literally copy somebody's work!!!! It makes me so sad when someone would copy my work or be inspired with without accreditation.  Usch!  making it look like and claiming it's your own idea but actually not repels me!!!!!  For me such person is not a crafter at all!

7.  I'm raising a son who is very creative in his own way and it makes my day complete when I see his artworks.  One thing he is so great with is art journaling and wishing I can do the same.

8.  People who come to my site and leave love and kindness makes me feel complete.  For me it surely is a sign of great respect.


Now, to choose 8 fellow crafters is also difficult coz I know a LOT of great crafters but without favoring anyone, I'm choosing anyway .... so will be back in a short while .....



0 comments:

Back to Top