4

My 3D Haunted House

Whew!  this haunted house was 1 week in the making.  It could have been less but I had to manage creating different things all at the same time just to beat deadlines.  I'm happy how it turned out and it was a big hit during my son's Halloween Birthday party last October 30.













 





here it is with the spider web =)


Materials Used:

Old box cover as base of my scene
Acrylic paints : Black and Green
Spider Web(s)
Acrylic Stamp for the bricks effect at the chimney
Halloween vellum by Panduro
Battery operated tealight
Ranger Distress Stains : Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, and Vintage Photo
Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Silver

Cartridges:
Happy Hauntings - The 3D house (fit to page - 7")
                              Fence with bird - 3"
                              Ghosts - 2"
                              Gate - 5"
                              Bats - cut at 4" and  at 1"
                              Gravestones - 2"
                              Trees cut at fit to page

Mini Monsters - Fence cut at 3"
                          Gravestones cut at 2"

Country Life, Straight from the Nest, and Zoobaloo - Grasses 


My Review:

Lots of great things to say about HH cartridge but to sum it up I should say AWESOME!  I believe that every Cricut user should have one.  So many cute things to cut and the 3D Haunted House is one of the best.  Although it entails tons of patience at the end one will feel fulfilled. 

I would like to thank my son for firmly deciding that he will have a Halloween Birthday this year ... and yes he did!  Otherwise, I don't think I will choose to cut and assemble the 3D Haunted House this year.  It was an awesome experience step-by-step, all the way through.  One thing has to be remembered:

The first cut if you look at the handbook, you have to cut it "fit to page" then look what size it's equivalent - and that should be 7".  From second cut till last do not use fit to page button but adjust to 7" instead.  Otherwise, your house will not be in perfect shape when assembled.  Be sure to cut all the cuts required and this part drove me crazy hahahahahahahahaha.

Lastly, PATIENCE and PERSEVERANCE mixed with joy and laughter - a must!!!! 




until then......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [02 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

Thanks Maria =)

franzesjoi said...

grabbeh ate iba ka talaga!!! ang gandaa!!!

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

Thank you so much iha for always making me smile :-)

Back to Top